What to expect in your family session
1. If you have little kids, please let me know ahead of time what kind of toys/shows/activity they're into. This helps me know what to talk about so I can gain their interest. I will probably make a fool of myself in order to get some giggles, but it will be worth it when you see your gallery!
2. Expect the unexpected. Come prepared for bug bites (please wear bug repellant-especially during the hot months), hunger, thirst, scrapes, sweat, spit up, etc. You never know what will suddenly demand attention during your session. Oh! And a lint roller is always a good idea!
3. Get sleep! This sounds so simple but is so important to having happy, less stressful portraits. Sleep for mom and dad is important but even more so for little ones.
4. Full tummies make happy faces. Make sure to have eaten a big meal or substantial snack before coming. It's always a good idea to have simple, "clean" snacks on hand for little ones during the shoot as well.
5. Be ready early. Nobody is relaxed and happy when you're running late so the best plan is to get ready early and come to your session relaxed.
6. Come 5-10 minutes early. I find its always helpful for kids to have time to observe and explore their environment before being asked to do things in it. By getting there early it helps them to get their curiosity out.
During the session
Relax and have fun! Your session will include some posed photos as well as some candid photos. Because little kids (and some adults!) will normally not last longer than 30-45 minutes I will work fast and provide some play time. *Remember, not everyone has to be looking at the camera to create a beautiful photo. Therefore, come prepared to play, twirl, dance, tickle, have fun. There will be times where I just watch you interact and capture those moments as well.
I will do my best to capture full family portraits (we will start with these) as well as various groupings as time allows. If you have any special requests please let me know ahead of time.
What to wear
1. Please dress up. Nobody ever regrets "over dressing" for their portraits.
2. Coordinate, don't match. For example, don't all wear the same color shirts, instead, pick 2-3 colors and coordinate. Mix colors, patterns, etc. It's always a good idea to start with a plaid and work off of that.
3. Avoid too much white. White flushes out skin tones and makes it difficult to balance group colors.
4. Please check out the album "What to Wear" on my Pinterest page for ideas. I am happy to give input if you would like to send me pics of your outfits ahead of time.
Here's the link: What to wear
5. Makeup. Go a little darker with your makeup than you normally would. It never looks as vibrant on camera as it looks in the mirror. Be sure to include a lipstick or lipgloss as you're getting ready.
6. Men and children should wear chapstick to help their lips not look too dry.
When do I get my pictures?
The average turn around time is 2-3 weeks depending on the season. In busy seasons It may take up to a month but that is rare. Once your images are ready (or before), we will schedule a time to meet in the studio or virtually online for a Reveal/Design meeting. At this meeting you will experience the excitement of seeing your images for the first time. This is also when you will choose the images you want as well as when I will help you design the plan on how you will use your images (wall art, photobooks, etc). You will receive information ahead of time on this process.
If time allows, I will also post a "Sneak Peek" on social media after our Reveal Meeting so that you will be able to share them.
Once we have our reveal meeting, I will give you a link to an online gallery. Please feel free to share your gallery with friends or family. They are able to purchase prints/digital images through your gallery.
All about the love
I LOVE my clients and appreciate that you choose me to be a part of your life. If you don't mind showing the love in return, it really helps get my name out there if you will "share" the album/images that I post of you as well as what you loved about your experience with me. I always appreciate any good reviews on my Facebook page as well as online.